Monday, January 8, 2007

10 Foot Effluvia

I can't wait until the really foul weather starts up, so that during my work day I can be even more smug and self-righteous about my walk to work.

Like today for instance - pouring down rain all morning long, and like an idiot, I can't find an umbrella. The Boston Sewer and Water commish needs to get its act together as well, because it wasn't the rain that had soaked me through by the time I got to my desk, but the goddamn rivers of filth built up from clogged as storm drains. When I say that they are impassable, I mean that they are at least half-a-foot deep at nearly every intersection. It makes for happy when a delivery truck tries to break its own record for wave splash all over your humble narrator.

Money that the T has not received from me, to date: $6.00.

No comments: